By and large, Rudy would rather skirt the issue of New Year’s resolutions. “Resolutions were made to be broken,” he has asserted more than once, while lifting his leg over forbidden turf.
That said, here are a few thoughts he’s been playing around with. Whether they will pass from resolutions into practice remains to be seen.
1. There will be no more guilt. (Thanks for the brioche, Koen…it was excellent, by the way. And many additional thanks to whoever left the chair pulled out from the table. It was just the boost I needed.)
2. I will catch up on my reading…
3. …and try not to doze off.
4. Also, I will try to expand my reading beyond Sports Illustrated (but it’s hard).
5. I will demand a few more places to rest my head.
6. I will continue to punish any toy that dares call itself durable.
7. And I will get ready for my closeup.
…and I will cut back on the mascara…
7. Lastly, I will commit to learning more about my ancestry. Why, for example, do I feel so comfortable wearing a babushka?How is it that I even know that word?
But enough resolutions…there is work to be done.